Thank you, Cheyenne, for the Stylish Blogger Award. I don't know that I'm exactly "stylish" -- you should see how I look right now -- but I do enjoy blogging and sharing my stories and appreciate the nod in my directions.
Cheyenne is from Scotland and describes himself as "...an ex mountaineer,and ex Pro Photographer, who returned to horses later in life." He is also a gifted writer and I enjoy his stories and musings on the Cheyenne Chronicles. Keep it up, buddy! You are quite stylish yourself!
There are four things I was asked to do to receive the award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award
Hmmm. Seven things about me that I haven't shared.... Random thoughts...
1. I am a very picky eater. Celery is still not an option; nor about any vegetable other than green beans. If a recipe called for onions, I would have to cut them up almost microscopic. I have reformed over onions and can now even appreciate French Onion Soup. But keep those other greens away from me.
2. Through work, I have traveled quite a bit. The only states I haven't been to are Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, South Carolina, West Virginia, Connecticut, Vermont and Deleware. I can't recall if I have been to Michigan or not; and find it strange that I can't remember.
3. I was pretty sure my first car was a 1967 Ford Torino, but when I google that particular car, that doesn't look right. Was there a similar Mercury model? Once again, the fact that I can't remember is kind of scaring me. Perhaps I just have the year wrong. Anyway, it was candy apple red and took a little transmission fluid every time I drove it. I had to sit on the hood to get it to close properly.
4. I hitchhiked once. It was really unintentional. For some reason, my car wouldn't start and I had to be downtown. Having never taken public transportation, I hiked to the nearest bus stop sign - no clue of a schedule. After waiting for what I thought was longer than I should, some guy pulled up and asked if I wanted a ride. I told him I needed to go downtown & he said he would take me. WTF was I thinking?? Well, I guess that I needed a ride. Luckily for me he wasn't an ax murderer and simply took me downtown.
5. This is my 25th year with my employer. I am blessed that I like my job, have a great boss, and have had opportunity for much advancement through the years. I hope to retire from there when the time comes. I keep thinking someone someday will figure out that I really don't know as much as they think I do!
6. John sold his cows last month and I really wish he didn't sell Agnes. (Don't tell him I said that.)
7. I get terrible road rage. When Case was in grade school, he had to answer questions about his parents. He made two different references to it. "The funniest thing about my Mom is when she gets road rage." And "she goes on a rampage just to get to the airport." A rampage?? Where did he get that word!
I'm going to cheat just a little since I just reorganized my blog roll. I'd like to recognize all those bloggers on the right hand side of this page. Both lists are those that I read most religiously; some I comment on, others I lurk & enjoy. I hope you will take a moment and check them out. Those bloggers are more than welcome to accept this award & challenge, as I'd enjoy reading more about each of them.
Once again, thanks Cheyenne, and keep the stories coming.